Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Married Halloween!

Most holidays are better married I think. I haven't been through many of them yet but I'm just guessing that's true. The one exception to this might be Halloween. Halloween has been my favorite holiday for the last few years. Probably because it was so fun at BYU and with my crazy roommates. But in the single world, Halloween is your excuse to wear something crazy and break out of your shy-bubble and talk to lots of guys. And it worked, I met Bryan last Halloween and now we're married so this holiday was pretty special to us. We wanted to go all out and dress up etc. but good costumes usually take a lot of time/effort/money which we're running short on these days. We did come up with a cute idea that wouldn't take a lot of resources. (See our t-shirts below, I'm pumpkin, he's pi, get it?)  So we put on our simple costumes and got all ready to go and went....  nowhere. We realized we couldn't really go to our single friends parties because single people don't want to hang out with married people and we don't really have any "couple" friends yet (we're working on it) and we don't have kids to take trick-or-treating. It was a pretty funny realization. We did walk over to our ward Trunk or Treat and talk to the few people we knew. But mostly we went home and carved pumpkins and ate soup. It was perfect. I still love Halloween and being married.





1 comment:

Connie de said...

Love his hair and glasses.