Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Poo-get

That's how it's pronounced, in case you were wondering. We are in Phuket at the Southern Fried Rice Guesthouse. Yep. It is probably the nicest place we've stayed so far but also one of the cheapest! It is very relaxing here and so far we've just been to the beach to recover from our travel day... -long story short, we wanted to save money by finding our own taxi but ended up walking through a very non-tourist area very lost where no one speaks any English. We ended up finding two motorbike taxis (which is actually how all the locals get around) who took us to Kata beach where our guesthouse was, another miracle. My driver kept asking me which way to go and I literally had NO idea and was just guessing, go straight here, turn left here and then all of a sudden we saw the Southern Fried Rice guesthouse and I told him to stop. Luck? I think not. It's a really nice place run by a Norwegian man and some Thai ladies and there's a discount on food for guests and FREE INTERNET!!! So I'll probably be able to put up a few more pictures, yay! Maybe tonight.
Anyways, we are safely relaxing in Kata beach on Phuket Island until we fly to Vietnam which we think we have visas, we just need to find a place where we can get passport pictures... So that's the update. Happy July 1st! I just realized that I would be missing 4th of July with the family and I got really sad. I asked Kristina how we would celebrate the 4th and she said, Let's go to the Vietnam War Museum. How ironic, right? We'll see. Off to the orchid farms! Miss you all, love you all.

1 comment:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Its ok, the fam isnt doing much for the 4th enjoy Vietnam. P.S. They are making a movie from the book The Time Travelers Wife.