Sunday, February 10, 2008

Somone Special

Dear Someone Special,
I have lost someone very dear to me
He was not rich or famous or strong
He loved all and encouraged everyone to do the same
Color, Religion, gender or position did not matter
His gentle persuasiveness and sense of humor
Broke down walls and influenced millions
From well known news correspondents to the President of the United States
He taught his beliefs through his good example and simple humility
He made available the blessings of eternity to millions who could not reach
He taught the youth of the world to stand a little taller and to
Be grateful
smart,
clean,
true,
humble,
and prayerful.
I love him and will miss him but I am so grateful for the privilege of knowing him.

1 comment:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I love that people left things at that sign. I tried to watch the funeral but I cried too much.