Saturday, December 22, 2007

Relationship(wreck)

I've been thinking a lot about relationships and how lucky I am to not have tons of past failed relationships. I am not talking strictly romantic relationships but friendships and relatives also. While these are good learning experiences, I believe in my case I have learned from the many VERY GOOD relationships I have had as opposed to the few bad ones. Instead of learning what I don't want and how NOT to act in dealing with others, I have had GOOD examples of what SHOULD happen in successful relationships. It really is a much easier way to learn things and probably has a lot less heartache. Something important I have realized is the truth of the statement "True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the well being of one's companion" by the Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley. While it is truly up to you the feelings and reactions you choose to have to any given situation, in a good relationship, it is also truly up to you to have an anxious concern for that person and their feelings toward a situation. Here is one way of looking at an ideal relationship: Each person decides individually for them self that they have 100% control over the way he/she chooses to feel about something and acts as though the success of that relationship depends solely on him/her, AND each party takes it upon his/herself for the happiness and success (anxious concern) of the other person. That way by your powers combine I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!!!....no just kidding but you really would have 200% combined effort in the happiness and success of the relationship. These are just a few of my thoughts.

2 comments:

(H)ale(x) said...

you're good at this stuff. I'm working on being more sensitive. just for you.

jackie said...

you are easy to be in love with because you are so unselfish and drama-free. ps i miss you!!!