Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rex Lee Run It.


Thanks for the personalized playlist jack.

I am not a runner. Let me repeat: I am not a runner. And I've recently discovered I never will be, although I will probably keep running all my life. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love the feeling of being outside and my heart pumping but I hate that feeling of gravity pulling so hard on my body with every step and feeling so tired I can't even lift my feet high enough to get over a curb. I have always been an occasional runner, never more than a couple times a week but every year when it starts to warm up I tell myself --I'm going to run this year. For the last two years I've ran the 5k Rex Lee Run which is a fund raiser for the Cancer Research Center at BYU and every year I say -- Next year I'm going to run the 10k. So this year I did it. I DID IT! I didn't break any records but I did cross the finish line. Go Rex Lee!

4 comments:

(H)ale(x) said...

With gratulations to you! think back on your wonderful experience... in retrospect, wouldn't it have been so much more exciting if you had puked right after finishing? think of that next time your run. inducing may be in order.

Amberly said...

yay sara!

Amberly said...

yay sara!

NoNo said...

I'm SO proud of you Sara! I wish I could have been there to run with you and talk your ear off so you didn't have to think about running. haha. You're awesome!