Thursday, August 23, 2007

You Stay Classy, San Diego

Its time to talk about some things that I love. The first is road trips and the second is San Diego. Something I like even more than those two things is when you combine them. That is what I did this summer thanks to my generous San Diegon roommate. We began around 10 in the morning and of course we stopped in Vegas for In n Out but other than that, we went straight for So Cal. (and by "we", I mean, Jack and I. Our richer roommates took a plane) My roommate Lexi's family lives in Escondido but we went straight past it to Coronado and straight into the water. Some people may have been surprised by two underwear-clad girls playing in the moonlit waves but if they had known that it had been way too long since this California girl had played in any ocean, they would have understood and so would you.
Over the next two days we went body surfing at the beach, saw the Star of India in the harbor (and Jack Sparrow), went shopping downtown, ate real Mexican food, fish tacos, In n Out (duh), and swam in Lexi's backyard. Agoodtimewashadbyall. In life, people ask what you are going to do after you graduate college and such. Here is an example of one of these conversations: Are you staying in Provo? No. Are you going back to Bakersfield? No. Well, where are you going to go? I usually answer, I don't know, I guess anywhere... as long as its San Diego.

No comments: