Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer

Today is the last day of July and I can't help but think back and review my summer thus far and I must say I'm a little disappointed. This was my first summer in Provo Utah and I'd heard very good things about summer here. There are outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, biking, and water sports, shorter terms with easier classes, pools, and a more relaxed atmosphere. This was going to be my summer of BIKE. I got a bike in March and it was the love of my life until the chain fell off a few weeks ago. I was just casually taking it down the steps to go for an evening ride when the chain bounced off. I know that is the easiest thing to fix on a bike and I tried for a while but just ended up getting the chain caught around another part of the bike, getting my hands covered in greasy black stuff (I think it may have been that stuff from Spiderman 3 that makes you evil) and making it worse. So since then my summer of BIKE has been put on hold. My roommates and I have tried camping a few times but since the recent bear attack, every time we attempt a camping trip we ask ourselves, Is camping really fun enough to lose a whole night's sleep because we're afraid to fall asleep and then be awoken by an angry bear? I had very serious plans to float down the river and hike Mt. Timpanogos again but that hasn't happened. I would also like to go to Seven Peaks, a water park here in Provo and I haven't done that yet either. It hasn't been a total bust though. I was able to go to Vegas and see the sexiest concert of my life in the greatest venue I've ever been to. I made a road trip down to San Diego for some good quality California time and I was able to spend an entire week with my family. I have put in a good amount of pool time and I've read more non-school books this summer than all of my college years combined. The best part is, it's not over! I still have a whole month to accomplish my summer goals. I just think I need to re-evaluate and make a concrete list of things I must do before I'm a full-time student again. Here are the most important goals from my list:
1) Float the Provo River
2) Hike Mt Timpanogos
3) Go to Seven Peaks
4) Get my bike fixed and continue with Summer of BIKE (ride to Utah lake?)

No comments: