Friday, April 13, 2012

The REAL cake.

This was my first and probably last attempt at a wedding cake. My roommate Sarah asked me to make her cake. I wasn't nervous about it until about 2 hours before the wedding when I only had one cake finished...haha. The cakes didn't make it exactly on time but I don't think anyone noticed.






I loved delivering the cakes because everyone jumped out of our way as we carried them through the reception to the cake table like we were pros. I also loved seeing people admire the cakes knowing that I, the cake-baker, was standing right beside them. I felt so honored to play such a big role in Sarah and Christian's wedding, thanks for the opportunity but please don't ask me ever again :)

Thanks so much to my roommates Emily and Michelle for helping me move and transport the cakes, and especially for calming me down when I thought all of the icing was going to slide off.
Oh and thanks to the weather for not being so hot that all of the icing would slide off.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I've never looked more helpful in my life.

Whittron said...

Sara, they turned out beautiful! I am super impressed.