Wednesday, June 23, 2010

love you everyday.













1. You love being a Mom.
2. You love being a grandma
3. You would do ANYTHING for ANYONE
4. You're classy and beautiful (so quit apologizing when people say I look just like you...I love it)
5. You were my first best friend.

Story: One day, in high school, I was feeling especially sad. High School was not fun for me and my mom knew that. She didn't really know why I was sad and honestly I didn't know either. It didn't matter to her, she just wanted me to feel better. She knew I loved to shop so one day she let me stay home from school and we went shopping. I remember exactly what we bought: a blue striped shirt, a green polo, a pair of khaki shorts, and a pair of denim shorts. Did the clothes make me feel better? Nope. But knowing how much my mom loved me did. She would have done anything to help me feel better and those clothes symbolized that to me.

Another story: My sophomore year of college I was taking some hard classes and working. I was very busy and didn't have a lot of free time. My room got REALLY messy because when I DID have free time I did NOT want to spend it in my room cleaning. Then one day I came home and she had cleaned it. It was spotless. (I hope I thanked you for that, I'm pretty sure I did but thanks again.)

Last story: One day, a boy broke my heart. She came to see me at work and I told her what happened. That day when I got home from work she had made my bed and bought me my favorite bottle of shampoo and some Hawaiian bottled water (because Hawaii always makes me happy...) She arranged them on my bed and when I walked in my room I knew that boys can be dumb sometimes but my mom would always love me.

There are so many stories like this about my mom and I'm sure my siblings and many other people could tell even more.

You are the best.
Love you MOM!
Happy Birthday.

8 comments:

jackie said...

your mom is really great. and she looks 13 in that picture with the babies.

HAPPY BDAY CONNIE

Whittron said...

way to go, you made me cry in my cubicle here at work!

Aunt Connie is wonderful!

Carla said...

I love your mom! (I love your whole family. What is it about you guys? Maybe your sense of humor coupled with your sweetness.) I'm sure this will make her birthday very happy. I hope one day my daughter will be so sweet.

Connie de said...

"In My Daughter's Eyes....the truth is plain to see..."

Connie de said...

In my daughters eyes....
You are my hero.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I like the title, I love when Mom says that to us. Good stories too. We sure got lucky.

American Mom said...

I love Ms Connie - always have and always will!

Heidi and Rich said...

I have always felt loved by Connie!! I think the world of you.... you are an amazing woman of faith and courage. I hope to be more like you!!! P.S. I hope she gets to read all these comments!!!